Mslexia Issue 84
|Publisher Names||by Mslexia Publications|
In Issue 84…
- Hot Topic: Is it OK to write outside your gender, race, religion or experience? Mslexia Editor Debbie Taylor examines the current arguments for and against the Own Voices movement.
- Poetry Winners: Internationally renowned poet Malika Booker introduces the winners of this year’s PBS and Mslexia Poetry Competition.
- Writing Exercises: novelist and travel writer Joanna Kavenna divulges which writing and planning techniques work for her.
- Interview: novelist Amanda Craig talks to journalist and author Katy Guest about her career to date, and the perils of a bad review.
- Analysis: How well do you know your main character? Psychotherapist Arabel Charlaff takes a deep-dive into how to psychoanalyse your characters.
And as always, the magazine is packed with expert advice; original writing from our readers; our directory of competitions, lit mags, and events; and much more…
Published four times a year, we pack every issue of Mslexia full of the goodies our subscribers need to develop their writing and progress in the world of publishing.
Read interviews with top authors about their writing methods, gain insider insights into the minds of literary agents and editors, practice your craft through inspirational writing exercises and masterclasses, and discover writing opportunities, courses and events in our 12 page directory.