Konfekt’s launch issue offers inspiring, inviting interiors, intrepid reporting and elegant fashion reportage. We’ll take some winter sun in an old-world hotel and go ice-climbing in the Swiss Alps with brave and brilliant fashion designer Paula Gerbase. We’re cooking in Rome with diversity champion and fashion pioneer, Stella Jean and at home with Finnish ceramist Karin Widnäs in her remote wooden cabin.1Our launch issue is a celebration of the craft of print and the art of sound journalism on subjects from interior design to fashion and wellness. Here are five more things you’ll learn in issue 1:
1. We take to the road with Parisian brand Rier to meet the artisans crafting exquisite collections in the mountains of South Tyrol.
2. You’ll make new friends on aWanderwegewith artist Claudia Comte in Basel, at dinner with artist Sissel Tolaas in Berlin and shopping with Myung-il Song in Vienna.
3. How to drink and dine well from food scoops and recipes to entertaining tips and top tables to scope out.
4. How to argue (politely) and join the Konfekt conversation. We’ve commissioned writers to offer insights on everything from the future of travel to entertaining, entrepreneurship to self-care – not to mention a deft guide to winning discussions.
5. Where to go for a weekend off the beaten track: we mark out the must-sees amid the faded grandeur of Funchal.