Word writing, page stroking, paper sniffing, ink smearing, idea loving print believers.
We're a small operation. It's just the four of us so we're with you from answering your query, to packing up your order and sending it out to you and everything in between. :)
Join the Pics & Ink people Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Sold Out £10.00
CHIANTI NOT CHIANTI
Introducing Noble Rot 25, another cordial collection of writing about wine and food, fact and fiction, the quite serious and the not very serious at all.
In this issue we:
- escape to Tuscany between lockdowns to meet an exciting young generation of Chianti Not Chianti producers, including Montevertine and Tenuta di Carleone.
- welcome Edinburgh’s master of dark comedy, and author of heroin-spiked classic Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh. He tells us how Covid restaurant closures have forced him to improve his culinary skills, and given him a new perspective on less-recreational uses for kitchen foil.
- interview DJ Gilles Peterson and Brawn chef Ed Wilson about the joy of Romanée Conti, and their recent sensory collaborations.
- hear about Margot Henderson’s ‘Greatest Ever Meal’ at Paris’ Le Baratin
- feature queen of the interviewers and author of film sensation An Education, Lynn Barber, writing on discovering posh food and restaurants.
- ask a few of our sagest wino chums what they would buy to start a cellar for less than £500?
Elsewhere in this issue we profile Santorini and Tuscany’s sweet Vinsanto/ Vin Santo wines; remember Lulu Peyraud of Bandol’s Domaine Tempier; La Fromagerie’s Patricia Michelson gives us her ultimate cheesecake recipe; and William Kelley looks at the future of Burgundy in a time of climate change. Plus other stories and musings from Simon Hopkinson, Marina O’Loughlin, John Niven, Stephen Harris, Alice Feiring, Kate Spicer, Jordan Michelman, Rachel Roddy, Russell Norman and George Reynolds.
Collections: All Magazines Culture Food & Drink Noble Rot PICS & INK MAGS
Category: culture drink food just arrived wine