Pics & Ink Limited ("Pics & Ink” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Pics & Ink may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
1.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and/or not to transfer your personal data to the publisher(s) of the magazines that you purchase. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ensure that certain boxes on the forms and your shopping basket are left unchecked. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
1.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What we collect
We may collect the following information that you give to us by filing in forms on our site when you search for products, place an order, subscribe/set up an account with us, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise:
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Information about your orders, such as delivery locations and magazines purchased; and Financial and credit card information.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any purchases you make (including the handling of complaints, performance of post-sales services, administration of orders and accounts and shipping) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other or new products and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. Publishers may also contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this (see below for Disclosure of your information). If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please ensure that the relevant boxes are left unticked when you proceed to the checkout);
- to contact you for market research purposes by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Pics & Ink serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that, by consenting to us sharing your data with the publisher(s) of the magazines that you purchase, those publishers may contact you in relation to other products and services including relevant content, offers and promotions.
You agree that, by consenting to us processing your personal data, that we have the right to share your personal information with any member of or group, as well as analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvements and optimisation of our site. In addition, we will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Pics & Ink Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
1.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use the following cookies:
Login 'remember me' Cookie (if checked on log-in), enabling you to remain signed in until you manually sign-out of the service. The cookie will be removed upon sign-out, or if you have not visited the site for a period of more than one year.
Basket Information (if not signed in), enabling previous products that you have added to your basket to be remembered. Cookie removed when a successful login has been completed, or a period of one year, whichever is sooner.
Ratings of Magazines (if not signed in), removed when a successful login has been completed, or a period of one year, whichever is sooner.
Adult Censoring, set if user confirms they are 18 or over and agrees they wish to view Newsstand without censorship.
Tracking referral site information so we can better identify where traffic is coming from.
Other cookies we may collect:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the boxes that you can ensure remain unticked to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by visiting your Pics & Ink account to change your preferences
- Where you have consented to your data being processed by publishers, by contacting them directly by email or through their website.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time in accordance with all data protection legislation and regulations.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, details can be found on our Contact Us page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.